It’s time to at least TRY to fix your social media algorithms. So I’m going to compile a bunch of links and videos for 2 purposes:
- To spread POSITIVE messages and energy about Israel, with interesting articles and videos.
- To see if your clicking on each one will adjust your feed on each site, since all social media cares about is your continued engagement, not truth versus lies. I’ll try to include multiple sites so each one can learn your behaviors.
So please share this post and also do yourself a favor and click the links. In theory, those sites will adjust your content, and if yours already is full of positive energy about Israel, whoever you share it with might gain the same benefit.
Please note I’ve seen great stuff from more polarizing figures such as Bill Maher, but I find sharing those to be counter-productive, as the majority of people who appreciate those already have them on their feeds. Make sense?
I’ll post a cute photo of Natalia with Adi’s brother Adam in Israel in 2019, because algorithms love photos and memes, but DON’T like you clicking links that take you away from the site. (Thanks for the heads up Monica Osborne!)
ARTICLES BY BOAZ ON THE TOPIC
1. The piece that set me on a path to help change the algorithms of four social media away from the usual anti-Israel bias (10/23/23):
2. My existence is thanks to an amazing, quick-witted escape from Germany, that involved my Oma (grandmother) forgetting my father the baby, before returning to get him (04/30/22):
3. My wishes for being proudly supported by the general public, just as so many of us have done for other groups that have been discriminated against (05/20/21):
4. My experiences over the years as an “other” in this often-cruel world (07/29/20):
1. This Tweet is interesting and trying to analyze why TikTok is so full of anti Israel sentiment:
2. This is my cousin Ruth Ebensteinin Israel, a wonderful writer and peace activist giving insight into how insecure everyone is feeling:
3. My friend and relative Cindy Kaplanwriting a pained letter to social justice warriors, after years of her Muslim /Jewish dialogue efforts:
4. Yossi Klein HaLevi writing a fascinating cover story for the Jewish Journal: https://jewishjournal.com/…/a-traumatized-but-reborn…/
5a. Hussein Aboubakr Mansour giving a highly nuanced criticism of Israel and the Palestinians, and ultimately explaining why Israel has to do what it is doing. Fascinating:
5b. Second half of his tweet:
6. Asra Nomani, a Muslim journalist, taking a peek into the Pro-Palestinian marches around the country:
1. This Iranian activist, Mandana Dayani, is quite amazing, today on MSNBC:
2. Mohammad Kabiya giving a brutally honest, unexpected response on Arabic BBC News:
3. Lord Wolfson giving an eloquent and heartfelt speech in England:
4. Rachel Goldberg-Polin giving a speech to the UN after her son was one of the hostages:
5a. Mosab Hassan Yousef, the son of a founding member of Hamas, and amazingly he’s speaking up against them and has a book about it. Warning: this includes foul language:
5b. Plus this new interview with him on Piers Morgan that’s very telling:
6. This guy is just funny in his delivery:
Are you SEEING how amazing Amy Schumer has been on the topic? I recommend following her and ignore the hatred in the comments:
Boaz Hepner works as a Registered Nurse in Saint John’s Health Center, and provides health education to the community at large. He grew up in LA in Pico/Robertson and lives here with his wife Adi, daughter Natalia, and son Liam. He helped clean up the neighborhood by adding the dozens of trash cans that can still be seen from Roxbury to La Cienega. He can be found with his family enjoying his passions: his multitude of friends, movies, poker and traveling.