The Jewish Journal won best Jewish paper in America for the second year in a row, taking home five American Jewish Press Association (AJPA) Awards at the 40th Annual AJPA Simon Rockower Awards on June 24, which were held virtually this year on Facebook Live.
The awards were:
• Award for General Excellence — Best Newspaper
• 1st Place for the Louis Rapaport Award for Excellence in Commentary (Thane Rosenbaum)
• 2nd Place for the Louis Rapaport Award for Excellence in Commentary (David Suissa)
• 2nd Place for Excellence in Writing about Food and Wine (Erin Ben-Moche)
• Honorable Mention for Excellence in Writing about Seniors (Tabby Rafael)
Commenting on the award for Best Newspaper, the AJPA commended the Jewish Journal on its “excellent design and layout from cover to cover and extraordinary original content from news to opinion writing.”
Founded in 1944, the AJPA is a voluntary not-for-profit professional association for the English-language Jewish Press in North America. Its membership consists of newspapers, magazines, websites, Jewish media organizations, individual journalists and affiliated organizations throughout the United States and Canada.