This gluten-free, non-fried chicken will most definitely become a star in your culinary repertoire.
- ⅓ cup Hot Pepper Sesame Oil (available by Eden Foods at Whole Foods)
- ⅓ cup peanut butter powder (preferably one without sugar)
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cups organic roasted peanuts, finely ground in blender or food processor
- Mix the Chili Sesame Oil, the peanut butter powder and tamari in a small bowl to combine.
- Put the chicken and the above marinade in a large ziplock bag or covered glass bowl for at least an hour, and up to overnight. *Note, you will want your chicken to be at room temperature before cooking so if you are only marinating for an hour, leave it on your countertop. If you marinate longer, store in fridge and bring to room temperature for an hour before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 425f. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the ground peanuts in a platter and roll the chicken in it to cover. Place on baking sheet.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, until done. Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice and serve on top of Elana’s No-Empty-Calories Chinese Chicken Salad.