If you want to start your credit repair business from the comfort of your home, here is a guide that will help you to get started.
Why Should You Start This Type of Business?
Starting a credit repair business is quite easy and this is the best time to do it for the following reasons:
- Low Start-up Costs: This business has relatively high-profit potential and you don’t need much money to start it. You simply need to know how to find errors in credit reporting and be able to dispute this information with credit reporting agencies on behalf of your clients.
- You Have Experience in the Credit Industry: With a background in the field of debit and credit and personal finance, you can offer service to many people who are faced with insolvency. With the challenges, people face while wallowing in debt, they easily default on their loan and debt payments. You can use your experience to help such people gain full control of their finances.
- You Enjoy Helping People Solve Personal Financial Problems: You can present yourself as a personal finance expert and ask people to allow you to help them to improve their personal finances and avoid bankruptcy.
Credit management and credit counseling is a fast growing industry that has more than 5,000 firms and employs over 15,000 workers. Every year the total revenue generated in the industry is over $2 billion and total income earned by people working in this industry is about $600 million.
Credit repair business is a highly profitable business with recurring revenue and low overhead. This makes it a good business for someone who wants to start with a low capital. When there is a crisis in the economy, it affects many people who will want to take advantage of your credit management service.
Millions of people in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and U.K. need to repair their credit so they can meet the requirements for a home loan, car loan, apartment lease, credit card or new employment. Also, when you repair their credit, you will help people to save thousands of dollars when they can pay lower interest on their loans. Virtually all adults who are affected by the economic downturn or an unexpected economic event will need to repair their credit at one time or another.
Niche Ideas for Credit Repair
The pool for the credit repair industry is quite large so it is better to focus on a well-defined customer base to attract more customers. If you concentrate on a smaller group, you will be able to show yourself as an expert in that niche and customers will find it easier to trust you. Some of the niches available include:
- Credit repair for women
- Credit repair for single-mothers
- Credit repair for an ethnic group
- Credit repair for people who were recently incarcerated
Growth Projection for the Industry
It is estimated that revenue for the credit repair services business will grow significantly from 2017 to 2021. During this time, the industry will, however, experience more regulation in the U.S. The FTC is expected to crack down on illegal service providers and those who are out to take advantage of people with bad credit.
The credit repair industry holds a lot of opportunities for anyone who is ready to provide excellent customer service and help their customers to correct credit reporting errors and improve their credit rating.