Real Housewives of New York City Week 17 Recap
Typos are generously provided by Merlot.
I am happy to report that today is day 29 of my 30 day no sugar cleanse. I made it through 30 days without a Cosmo and I feel good! Energy is better, sleep is better, and I lost a few pounds. I’m not sure why I embarked on this challenge, but I did, and I finished, and next week my blog will be a good old fashioned Cosmo fueled recap. Until then, I am sticking with the bullet points, a glass of Merlot, and Jose standing by to be poured over ice. Important to note that by glass of course I mean bottle. Get a drink and join me as we continue our Mexican vacation.
- Sonja is badgering Ramona
- She is also slurring
- Ramona insists she is happy
- Bethenny wants them to stop
- Tequila is flowing
- Sonja wants to make out with Ramona
- Sonja wants to make out with Luann
- Sonja is hammered
- Bethenny shows Sonja her boobs
- Bethenny gets naked and jumps in the pool
- Ramona flashes Carole her boobs
- Carole could not care any less
- Sonja is drinking out of the pitcher
- Sonja skinny dips with Bethenny
- Dorinda doesn’t do naked
- Ramona and Bethenny have a heart to heart
- Everyone is now slurring
- Tequila is their enemy
- Tequila is my lover
- Bethenny is yelling at Ramona
- Ramona denies all wrongdoing
- Ramona is fake crying
- I’m so over the pity party
- Dorinda is trying to get Sonja dressed
- In Bethenny’s bathing suit
- I want to punch Ramona in the face
- Bethenny is now crying
- Without tears
- No tears and it is not crying
- Bethenny and Ramona hold each other
- While fake tequila crying
- Ramona admits she was mean for no reason
- Ramona turns off her emotions in a second
- Probably because her emotions are fake
- Time to get ready for dinner
- Sonja is now trashed
- Bethenny and Sonja kiss
- Oy vey with these chicks and tequila
- Jose is feels rather abused.
- He has been violated
- I shall comfort him
- Bethenny is the only one to turn up to dinner
- Bethenny is screaming at everyone for being late
- I feel bad for the chefs
- Ungrateful bitches
- Dorinda is sick of the bitching
- Dorinda says Bethenny being aggressive scares her
- Bethenny laughs on her face
- Dorinda gets all Dorinda
- Bethenny thinks Dorinda is nuts
- Dorinda cuts herself with a knife
- She doesn’t; feel a thing
- My. God.
- Dorinda is high
- Just a thought
- Come on.
- She took something
- Bethenny is lecturing Bethenny
- I love Bethenny on this show
- Dorinda is embarrassing herself
- Dorinda is now belligerent
- Ramona walks like she is constipated
- Sonja is sleeping through dinner
- Tinsley is sweet
- Shame she speaks through her nasal cavity
- Fireworks start in the middle of dinner
- Probably because they are hours late
- Luann seems to have slept through dinner too
- Dorinda is going after Bethenny
- Bethenny is shutting it down
- Dorinda calls Bethenny a mean bitch
- This show is perfection
- Dorinda shits on Skinnygirl
- Bethenny tells her to fuck off
- Truth comes out when drunk
- Apparently nobody like Bethenny
- Jealousy is an ugly thing
- Dorinda stumbles off
- Bethenny wants an apology
- Morning comes and everyone is alive
- Dorinda is ignoring Bethenny
- It is time for yoga
- Dorinda does not apologize
- She also does not remember what she said
- Bethenny doesn’t let shit go
- I’m Team Bethenny
- Dorinda is very defensive
- Bethenny tells Dorinda she is nasty
- I like Bethenny
- The earth is clearly off axis
- Bethenny wants an apology
- Carole goes to Dorinda for support
- I like Carole
- The earth is shifting
- Dorinda is crying about Bethenny calling her nasty
- She is nasty
- Sonja facetiming is everything
- Breakfast time
- Dorinda takes Bethenny off alone
- Dorinda apologizes to Bethenny
- Bethenny cries for real
- She thinks everyone is mean when drunk
- She is right
- These bitches are jealous and it is gross
- Ramona, Carole and Tinsley go for a boat ride
- Dorinda, Sonja, Bethenny, and Luann go to the spa
- Ramona is a fool
- Ramona will never get laid because of this show
- Sonja says Tinsley will marry anyone
- Tinsley is still dating Carole’s friend
- Sonja is talking shit about Tinsley
- Tinsley wants to give Sonja a thank you party
- Tinsley cannot be trusted
- Bethenny tells Sonja about the party
- Sonja thinks the party is bullshit
- Carole is fishing
- Ramona is dancing
- Whales are showing off
- Carole goes swimming
- Carole buys a fish and will say she caught it
- Final night dinner
- Everyone is happy and getting along
- Everyone shares their highs and lows
- Tinsley is drinking while medicating for sure
- Luann tells Tinsley to stop with the F bomb
- Tinsley calls out Luann on something idiotic
- Luann apparently says Palm Beach too much
- Tinsley was arrested in Palm Beach
- My gums are numb
- Luann will be divorced by next season
- Season finale next week
- I am so bummed!
- We’ll be left with Orange County
- Ilana does not do Dallas
- Next week I’m drinking Cosmos!
- We’ll go out with a bang
- Drunk and keeping it real
There are certain weeks in the news business when the pressure becomes almost unbearable. Last week was one of them. First, there was the continuing shock...
Among the many tragedies of the past couple of weeks, on Oct. 24 the bodies of two young Saudi Arabian sisters were found near the...
I don’t think it’s overly dramatic to characterize the current state of American society as a cold Civil War. Our population is as divided as...
American Jews headed to the polls on Nov. 6 spurred by concern over health care, gun violence and the predatory glances that Republican politicians have...
The great poet Robert Frost wrote, “Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.” I am...
My 72 hours started on the afternoon of Nov. 8, when I wrote my bimonthly email: “Thank G-d for the Jewish Federation.” This was said to...
The Nov. 6 elections were a battle between soccer moms and NASCAR dads. These are the voters who represent the two opposing forces in American...
This was the “next time.” Words fail, but words right now are all I can muster. We were on the dance floor, in the middle...
American-born Yehuda Goldberg always felt he missed out by forgoing the chance to spend a year in Israel after high school. On the other hand,...
It’s Nov. 13 and all of Israel is focused on the Gaza Strip. This morning, after a barrage of Hamas missile attacks, it appeared Israel...
The video was heartbreaking. A father, Jason Coffman, spoke before the cameras of his 22-year-old son, Cody, who had just been murdered in yet another...
The Jewish community has been reeling from the Woolsey wildfire in Malibu, Thousand Oaks and nearby areas, which destroyed much of Wilshire Boulevard Temple Camps, the...
[caption id="attachment_241957" align="aligncenter" width="1800"] Jace Kletter reads from the Torah as MJCS Cantor Marcelo Gindlin (far left) and (from left) Jeff, Josie and Jett Kletter...
Among the thousands of residents evacuated from their homes in the deadly Southern California wildfires, Rabbi Ron Li-Paz of Valley Outreach Synagogue in Calabasas counts...
[caption id="attachment_241842" align="aligncenter" width="3003"] Photo by Aaron Bandler[/caption] Camp JCA Shalom, a program of the Shalom Institute is just one of the institute's camps that...
On Sunday morning, Yuri Hronsky, Head of School at Ilan Ramon Day School in Agoura Hills, had to briefly step away from a phone interview...
As the Woolsey fire ravaged Malibu on Nov. 9, Lindsey Cooper and Laura Berman’s plans for their wedding, set to take place on the evening...
As the fires continued to rage through Southern California, members of the Jewish community took to social media to share their thoughts and feelings. Below...
In pedestrian averse L.A., Sam Grundwerg, the Consul General of Israel in Los Angeles, walked 10 miles on Rosh Hashanah and six miles on Yom...
Given their growing tech ecosystems, it seems only natural that Israeli startups and Los Angeles’ Silicon Beach should come together — and that’s exactly what Fusion...
The love and affection for a most unlikely heroine — Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg — apparently knows no bounds. The 85-year-old justice, dubbed the...
One verse, five voices. Edited by Salvador Litvak, Accidental Talmudist "Jacob kissed Rachel, and he raised his voice and wept." -Genesis 29:11 Yafa Benaya Arevot Women’s...
We still haven’t caught our collective breaths in the aftermath of the horror in Pittsburgh, the heartbreaking shooting in Thousand Oaks, the approaching caravan of desperate...
Already winning rave reviews in advance of its release, the film “Green Book” is about a black pianist and the white driver/bodyguard he hires for...
“Nightmare visions you can dance to.” That’s what Ron Kadish, Daniel Kahn’s publicist, says about “The Butcher’s Share,” a new album by the klezmer group...
Three generations struggle with the fallout in the aftermath of a horrific tragedy in Wendy Graf’s play “Exit Wounds,” which has its world premiere Nov....
List No. 1: Standing Up for One Another In response to the mass shooting at the synagogue in Pittsburgh and to rising anti-Semitism in the...
Unlike any other anti-Semitic incident, the Tree of Life Congregation tragedy has destroyed American Jews’ assumptions about our place in American society. We believed that...
In a Journal story about giving, is it fair to write about how not to give? Our leaders love inspiring us to give, but I...
Political polarization entered into the awards ceremony of the 32nd annual Israel Film Festival (IFF) on Nov. 6, midterm election day, when some members of...
FRI NOV 16 Ensemble For These Times Northern California-based chamber music group Ensemble for These Times performs music by composers who fled Europe in the...
SUN NOV 18 Before Thanksgiving, Wilshire Boulevard Temple helps the hungry and the homeless. Volunteers assemble 1,000 complete dinners-for-four and distribute them on the spot...
My grandmother was formidable, strong, built to last. After surviving the trauma of Auschwitz, she moved to the United States only to become a stranger...
Stan Lee, whose work as a writer, editor and publisher at Marvel Comics in the 1960s changed the superhero landscape with creations like Spider-Man, the Fantastic...
Dave Lux, Holocaust survivor and Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust community member, died on Oct. 29. He was 85. Lux was born on April...
Legumes, including beans, peas and lentils, have a storied association with Jewish history. In the “Encyclopedia of Jewish Food,” historian and food writer Gil Marks notes...
Playing the predatory agent Ari Gold for eight seasons on HBO’s “Entourage” and one film, Jeremy Piven generated plenty of laughs and more than a...