Real Housewives of Orange County Week 1 Recap
Typos are lovingly brought to you by a lack of interest.
Dear Lord. I can’t. Don’t make me blog this show. I vowed to not blog RHOC when they brought Vicki back after she lied about cancer. The deal was sealed when they invited Shannon back after she aired her dirty laundry on television with no thought about her children. The truth is there is nothing appealing about these women. It is painful to watch. Writing is work, and I get paid to do it, but I’m not paid enough to blog this show. That said, I’ll bullet point the first episode because there are things that need to be said. If I stick with it, there will only be bullet points. Know that right now! Let’s start with the taglines.
Shannon: The truth is organic, but lies are just artificial.
Tamra: I’m pint sized, baptized, and highly prized.
Meghan: I can handle a baby and women who act like one.
Kelly: If I want your opinion I’ll give it to you.
STFU up Kelly
Lydia: If you can’t take my sparkle, then stay off my rainbow.
Peggy: I’m living the American dream one sports car at a time.
Vicki: I go big or go home and I am not going home.
Oh. My. God. So much hostility and the show hasn’t even started. In the interest of full disclosure, I’m on day 7 of a 30-day sugar cleanse and it is not good people. I need a cosmopolitan. STAT. Important to note that Shannon is photoshopped to hell and back in the publicity photo, which is sad. She is a pretty lady fat or thin, but we see her, so the picture is stupid. I’m going in people so say a prayer and wish me luck.
- Shannon got a dog
- Her screeching is making my ears bleed
- Shannon has gained a lot of weight
- She is making her kids diet because of it
- She still looks pretty
- David is still dead in the eyes
- He cannot stand the sight of her
- Shannon is embarrassed to be heavier
- David thinks she is fat
- This marriage is still painful to watch
- Shannon would be thin in she dumped her cheating husband
- Vicki is expanding her business
- Her filler is dissolving in her face
- Kelly’s lips are Octomonesque
- Vicki and Tamra don’t speak
- Kelly is licking Vicki’s ass
- Vicki is a child
- Why is she not fired already?
- Tamra is going to bible study
- Lydia’s bible study
- My. God.
- Lydia is boring and invisible
- Lots of Jesus coming up
- Vicki spread a rumor that Eddie is gay
- He is and we don’t care
- Move on
- Tamra prays for Kelly
- Lydia is going to be the peacemaker
- My lower back is starting to spasm
- Meghan had her baby
- Jim is cute with the baby
- Didn’t see that coming
- Meghan thinks she is the first person to have a bay
- I cannot stand this woman
- Not really sorry
- I need a drink so bad
- I’d rather watch an hour of Jimmy and the baby
- God is bored of this bible study
- He told me
- We’re laughing together right now
- God is good
- These women talk through their nasal passages
- Tamra hasn’t seen her daughter for 3 ½ years
- That’s horrible
- Lydia is lovely
- But no
- Great hair though
- Vicki is dating a guy names Steve
- She still misses Brooks
- Vicki is mentally deficient
- I wouldn’t date her if you paid me
- Kelly is loud and fake
- She wants vaginal rejuvenation
- Brandi did this a decade ago
- Blah, blah, blah
- Briana moved back to Orange County
- Her kids are so grown up
- She still complains about everything
- Briana is a whiner
- Her husband is still in Oklahoma
- She left him
- I would never do that
- I do not like this show
- Tamra and her life partner are at the gym
- Eddie runs the gym
- Does anyone work out there besides Tamra?
- Tamra doesn’t want to meet with Vicki
- Translation: She is dying to meet with Vicki
- Lydia now has three sons
- God is sleeping through this because he’s bored
- Why is she back?
- Tamra and Shannon are shopping
- Tamra is talking a lot about her daughter
- Isn’t that part of why they don’t speak?
- Tamra is a genius
- Shannon says he is fat because of stress
- Or maybe it’s because her husband cheated on her
- This show is cheap street crack
- Vicki is having fake lunch with Lydia
- Vicki’s filler is hilarious
- Lydia is a lovely woman
- She can’t fix things for this bitches
- I like her though
- I like women of faith
- Real faith not Tamra fake faith
- Vicki is so immature
- My eye is twitching
- Vicki wants Tamra to leave her alone
- Translation: Let’s fake some shit for storylines
- I’m on Team Lydia
- I’ll be back next week
- Damn it
- The things I’ll do to keep it real
I lead a double life. Professionally, I’m publisher and editor-in-chief of a Jewish paper, but in my personal life, I’m a diehard Los Angeles Lakers...
Let's be very clear: If you decide to participate in the national Women’s March, you are enabling and abetting hatred of the Jewish people. If...
I sit at my computer 10 hours a day. I check my work email on the weekends and even put in some extra time on...
Writing in the wake of the slaughter of Jews at worship in their Pittsburgh synagogue, Gal Beckerman, an editor at The New York Times Book...
Punitive measures directed at Israel don’t advance the peace process with the Palestinians. Yet the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement continues its attempts to...
Mitt Romney and Elizabeth Warren have little in common. But the conservative Republican and progressive Democrat, the once and future presidential candidates, last week pulled...
Beauty pageants are all supposed to be about world peace, unless you’re an Arab national posing with an Israeli in a selfie on social media....
Friday afternoon, midwinter. Running crosstown from the office to Fairway, I fill my basket with fresh salmon, those fancy crackers that you buy only when...
In third grade, the social studies teacher at the Hebrew day school I attended flipped off the lights and switched on an 8mm projector. Looking...
Ahava Emunah Lange was diagnosed with late-stage ovarian cancer in 2012. In the years since, she has tried a vast array of treatments, ranging from...
Moshe Arens, who died on Jan. 7 at 93, was one of the finest politicians in Israel’s history. He served as foreign minister and several...
For our 14th annual mensch list, we asked readers to nominate people they know who are doing extraordinary work without receiving deserving credit for it....
One verse, five voices. Edited by Salvador Litvak, Accidental Talmudist The Lord said to Moses, “Stretch forth your hand toward the heavens, and there will be...
Like almost every Jew I know, I seem to have a microchip installed somewhere in my body that is programmed to a default factory setting...
When the movie “Big” was released in 1988, grade-school student Shirin Laor-Raz Salemnia knew what she wanted to do: test toys, just like Tom Hanks’...
Kadima Day School, an independent, nonaffiliated prekindergarten-to-eighth-grade Jewish school in West Hills, is seeking to bolster enrollment by offering a reduced tuition model. “Kadima is...
On Dec. 17, 2018 — the 80th anniversary of the Kindertransport — the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany (the Claims Conference) announced it...
The 1990s dotcom boom gave rise to mega-successful companies that changed the world. But for every Netflix, Amazon, Facebook or eBay, there are dozens more...
Over four seasons, the PBS genealogy series “Finding Your Roots With Henry Louis Gates, Jr.” has traced the ancestry of many Members of the Tribe,...
https://www.facebook.com/JewishJournal/videos/2004804293159361/ It was a triumphant night for a handful of Jewish artists at the 76th annual Golden Globe Awards ceremony on Jan. 6 at the...
David Kipen is a real mensch. He is the celebrated founder of Libros Schmibros, the nonprofit lending library in Boyle Heights. As the former literature...
Roberta Weintraub, a philanthropist, civic leader and a member of the Los Angeles Unified School District board for 14 years, died Jan. 1. She was...
Lawrence (Larry) Jay Weinberg, a major contributor to the founding of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), a Purple Heart winner and a prominent...
Some people are always hot and some are always cold. I am of the latter persuasion. During this chilly winter season you can find me...
Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Los Angeles (JBBBSLA) matches boys and girls ages 6 and up with mentors to support them and help them...
[caption id="attachment_292020" align="aligncenter" width="1800"] Photograph by Yehoshua Halevi [/caption] “Winter Sunrise,” 2018, Yehoshua Halevi Winter sunrise as seen from Kibbutz Hanaton in northern Israel. Photograph by...
The Anti-Defamation League’s (ADL) Los Angeles Region held its 2018 annual gala celebration on Dec. 4 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, featuring award-winners Meredith Jackson,...
FRI JAN 11 [caption id="attachment_292027" align="aligncenter" width="900"] Daniel Taub[/caption] Ambassador Daniel Taub Israeli diplomat, lawyer and writer Daniel Taub, who served as Israel’s ambassador to...
This political cartoon featured in the Jan. 11 issue of the Journal was illustrated by Steve Greenberg.