Real Housewives of New York City Week 10 Recap
Typos are generously sponsored by Verve Clicquot.
It is FINALLY time for Luann to get married. Does this mean the women of NYC will move onto another topic and perhaps find a storyline? Probably not, but whatever. This show is brilliant and I am hooked on it like cheap street crack. I am sitting with Jose, we have a bottle of champagne and are ready for a wedding.
- Sonja introduces us to Frenchy
- Frenchy is a fame whore
- He’s also handsome
- He’s also a child
- He’s also into Tinsley
- Tinsley is painful
- A one season girl to be sure
- Frenchy’s name is Edgar
- Stick with Frenchy
- Bethenny is having a holiday party
- She subtly slams Dorinda’s party
- Skinnygirl commercial time
- Ramona is not invited to Bethenny’s
- Bethenny runs this show
- Know it
- Sonja is dropping by Bethenny’s
- Then she heads to Thailand for vacation
- Tinsley needs to move it
- Bethenny talks with her mouth full
- Every single time she eats
- Oysters are not sexy
- Ramona is filming with Avery
- Dear Lord this is sad
- The Skinnygirl ice luge is perfection
- Skinnygirl tastes like ass
- Ramona is pathetic
- Carole needs a straw to not drool
- Unfortunate overbite
- Bless her
- Ramona had a party
- Bethenny didn’t go
- Tinsley let Ramona know about ‘s party
- Ramona is gossiping to Avery’s friends
- I can’t
- The thirst is real with Ramona
- Ramona thinks she is bonded to Avery’s friends
- Um, no
- Dorinda let Ramona have it about how dirty she is
- The Playboy Mansion must be renamed Playboy Castle
- So much better
- Ramona denied trashing Dorinda’s house
- Ramona is a liar
- Carole is talking with her mouth full
- STOP IT
- Time for the wedding
- Luann looks beautiful
- Luann sounds delusional
- The wedding is gorgeous
- She should have worn flats instead of crouching
- I’m happy for Luann
- Not a lot of wedding coverage
- Surprising since it is all they’ve talked about
- It is now January 2017
- Bethenny and Carole are eating
- Never a good thing with these open mouth chewers
- Adam moved out of Carole’s apartment
- Blah, blah, blah
- Ramona is at Dorinda’s to hear about the wedding
- Dorinda was drunk at the wedding
- Luann is having a NYC party
- Very strange
- Carole and Bethenny are strolling through Chinatown
- Who cares about this?
- Time filling bullshit
- Frenchy is “moving in”
- He wants kids and will adopt with Sonja
- I call bullshit
- Time for Luann’s party
- Bethenny is going
- I love Bethenny on this show
- Pigs just flew out of my ass
- Bethenny is the first to arrive and she is 15 minutes late
- Honestly, Bethenny is funnier than fuck
- For real
- Dorinda arrives, so now it is the two of them
- Avery is Ramona’s date to Luann’s party
- Ramona is horrible
- Tinsley brought a little boy to the party
- Sonja arrives with Frenchy
- She is nervous for him to meet the girls
- Tinsley’s date is 23
- She’s an idiot
- Ramona brings a date
- I call bullshit
- Tinsley’s date is getting drunk
- Tinsley looks thirsty
- Not in a parched way
- Tom and Sonja together is creepy
- I love this show
- I’ve had three glasses of champagne
- Tom and Luann are awkward
- Dorinda is giving a toast
- Oy vey
- Dorinda is not a good toaster
- This show is reality television perfection
- See you next week
- I’ll be making out with Jose
- Getting lit and keeping it real
There are certain weeks in the news business when the pressure becomes almost unbearable. Last week was one of them. First, there was the continuing shock...
Among the many tragedies of the past couple of weeks, on Oct. 24 the bodies of two young Saudi Arabian sisters were found near the...
I don’t think it’s overly dramatic to characterize the current state of American society as a cold Civil War. Our population is as divided as...
American Jews headed to the polls on Nov. 6 spurred by concern over health care, gun violence and the predatory glances that Republican politicians have...
The great poet Robert Frost wrote, “Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.” I am...
My 72 hours started on the afternoon of Nov. 8, when I wrote my bimonthly email: “Thank G-d for the Jewish Federation.” This was said to...
The Nov. 6 elections were a battle between soccer moms and NASCAR dads. These are the voters who represent the two opposing forces in American...
This was the “next time.” Words fail, but words right now are all I can muster. We were on the dance floor, in the middle...
American-born Yehuda Goldberg always felt he missed out by forgoing the chance to spend a year in Israel after high school. On the other hand,...
It’s Nov. 13 and all of Israel is focused on the Gaza Strip. This morning, after a barrage of Hamas missile attacks, it appeared Israel...
The video was heartbreaking. A father, Jason Coffman, spoke before the cameras of his 22-year-old son, Cody, who had just been murdered in yet another...
The Jewish community has been reeling from the Woolsey wildfire in Malibu, Thousand Oaks and nearby areas, which destroyed much of Wilshire Boulevard Temple Camps, the...
[caption id="attachment_241957" align="aligncenter" width="1800"] Jace Kletter reads from the Torah as MJCS Cantor Marcelo Gindlin (far left) and (from left) Jeff, Josie and Jett Kletter...
Among the thousands of residents evacuated from their homes in the deadly Southern California wildfires, Rabbi Ron Li-Paz of Valley Outreach Synagogue in Calabasas counts...
[caption id="attachment_241842" align="aligncenter" width="3003"] Photo by Aaron Bandler[/caption] Camp JCA Shalom, a program of the Shalom Institute is just one of the institute's camps that...
On Sunday morning, Yuri Hronsky, Head of School at Ilan Ramon Day School in Agoura Hills, had to briefly step away from a phone interview...
As the Woolsey fire ravaged Malibu on Nov. 9, Lindsey Cooper and Laura Berman’s plans for their wedding, set to take place on the evening...
As the fires continued to rage through Southern California, members of the Jewish community took to social media to share their thoughts and feelings. Below...
In pedestrian averse L.A., Sam Grundwerg, the Consul General of Israel in Los Angeles, walked 10 miles on Rosh Hashanah and six miles on Yom...
[caption id="attachment_242008" align="aligncenter" width="1800"] Photo by Moshe Levis Photography[/caption] Given their growing tech ecosystems, it seems only natural that Israeli startups and Los Angeles’ Silicon Beach...
The love and affection for a most unlikely heroine — Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg — apparently knows no bounds. The 85-year-old justice, dubbed the...
One verse, five voices. Edited by Salvador Litvak, Accidental Talmudist "Jacob kissed Rachel, and he raised his voice and wept." -Genesis 29:11 Yafa Benaya Arevot Women’s...
We still haven’t caught our collective breaths in the aftermath of the horror in Pittsburgh, the heartbreaking shooting in Thousand Oaks, the approaching caravan of desperate...
[caption id="attachment_242022" align="aligncenter" width="1800"] From Left: Dimiter D. Marinov, Viggo Mortensen (left) as Frank “Tony Lip” Vallelonga and Mahershala Ali as Don Shirley[/caption] Already winning...
“Nightmare visions you can dance to.” That’s what Ron Kadish, Daniel Kahn’s publicist, says about “The Butcher’s Share,” a new album by the klezmer group...
Three generations struggle with the fallout in the aftermath of a horrific tragedy in Wendy Graf’s play “Exit Wounds,” which has its world premiere Nov....
List No. 1: Standing Up for One Another In response to the mass shooting at the synagogue in Pittsburgh and to rising anti-Semitism in the...
Unlike any other anti-Semitic incident, the Tree of Life Congregation tragedy has destroyed American Jews’ assumptions about our place in American society. We believed that...
In a Journal story about giving, is it fair to write about how not to give? Our leaders love inspiring us to give, but I...
Political polarization entered into the awards ceremony of the 32nd annual Israel Film Festival (IFF) on Nov. 6, midterm election day, when some members of...
FRI NOV 16 Ensemble For These Times Northern California-based chamber music group Ensemble for These Times performs music by composers who fled Europe in the...
SUN NOV 18 Before Thanksgiving, Wilshire Boulevard Temple helps the hungry and the homeless. Volunteers assemble 1,000 complete dinners-for-four and distribute them on the spot...
My grandmother was formidable, strong, built to last. After surviving the trauma of Auschwitz, she moved to the United States only to become a stranger...
Stan Lee, whose work as a writer, editor and publisher at Marvel Comics in the 1960s changed the superhero landscape with creations like Spider-Man, the Fantastic...
Dave Lux, Holocaust survivor and Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust community member, died on Oct. 29. He was 85. Lux was born on April...
Legumes, including beans, peas and lentils, have a storied association with Jewish history. In the “Encyclopedia of Jewish Food,” historian and food writer Gil Marks notes...
Playing the predatory agent Ari Gold for eight seasons on HBO’s “Entourage” and one film, Jeremy Piven generated plenty of laughs and more than a...