Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Week 5 Recap
Typos are lovingly provided by Jose Cuervo.
I’m off to London in a couple of days so in the interest of time, and the wellbeing of my liver, I'm going to bullet point so I can finish quickly without getting drunk as I have a lot to do to prepare for my trip. Buckle up and pour yourselves a drink because Jose is by my side and we are ready for the lifestyles of the sorta rich and wannabe famous.
– Erika is still talking about the panties from Dorit
– Can’t we let this go already?
– Erika Girardi is stunning in the white suit
– Dorit is hosting a dinner
– Rinna is there in a hideous shirt
– Weird group of guests
– Rinna is out of place
– PK is doing recon for LVP
– Rinna’s fillers are hardening
– Rinna is lying about LVP
– She does not love her
– PK fancies himself a therapist
– Rinna is sharing Eileen’s story
– That is bullshit
– Rinna is desperate for a storyline
– Rinna makes me itchy
– Kyle does not match her house
– Kyle wants a LVP house
– Kyle is fake cooking
– Eileen is pretty
– I like Ashley more than Eileen
– Her husband is disconnected
– Eileen knows Rinna told her story
– Eileen is mad at Dorit not Rinna
– Oy vey
– My liver is begging for a shot
– I love you Jose
– Rinna has a big mouth
– Literally and figuratively
– Eileen is going to meet with Dorit
– No good can come of that
– LVP is out with Kyle
– We meet the new housewife
– Eden Sassoon
– I had a Sassoon haircut in my 20’s
– Kyle is having a face treatment
– Erika and Rinna are doing pilates with Eden
– Rinna has the body of a young boy
– Rinna wants us to think she knows everyone
– Poor Rinna
– Dorit’s accent makes my eye twitch
– It is too windy for them to walk
– Camille is having a thing
– She should just rejoin the cast
– Eileen is passive aggressive
– Eileen tells Dorit what Rinna said
– Rinna should’ve been there
– This is so stupid
– I’m having vodka now
– My liver is a giver
– Rinna is dirty
– Literally and figuratively is my guess
– Dorit is playing dumb
– Eileen is being ridiculous
– Dorit sounds like Madonna
– When Madonna sounded stupid
– Eileen gives up on Dorit
– Two blondes don’t equal a brunette
– Rinna is licking Eden’s ass
– Eden is talking about her history
– Her sister passed of an overdose
– Some weird storyline is coming
– I want to impale myself
– Time for an Agency commercial
– I’m going to need a shot
– Kyle wants us to know she is happily married
– Blah, blah, blah
– Camille’s new house s beautiful
– Kelsey Grammer is a douchelord
– Camille should come back
– Erika, Dorit, and Eileen are at Camille’s
– Only blondes were invited
– Erika Is shooting a video
– Dorit thinks she is a music industry professional
– Boy George is my other boyfriend
– Dorit needs to stop talking
– Erika is lovely
– Dorit is pretentious
– Erika is tolerating Dorit
– Not for long
– Dorit is talking about being 40
– Which she has been for 5 minutes
– Eileen joins in the conversation
– Droit brings up Rinna
– Eileen was not at the dinner with Rinna
– Rinna is an idiot
– Eileen is an idiot
– Dorit may not be an idiot
– Everything leads back to LVP
– We didn’t get any good LVP this week
– Dorit is talking
– Eileen talks
– Dorit shuts up Eileen
– To be continued
– Not worth continuing
– Next week things get ugly
– I mean uglier
– I’m now tipsy
– Oy vey
– Sloshed but keeping it real
I didn’t think I wanted to be a weekly columnist until I read a column by comedian Mark Schiff. I’ve never told him this, but...
Perhaps the most surprising part of the D.C. Dyke March, which sought to ban rainbow flags embossed with the Star of David, was how surprised...
As a kid, I wanted to be Erma Bombeck when I grew up. With book titles such as “If Life Is a Bowl of Cherries,...
“When a father helps a son, both smile; when a son must help his father, both cry.” — Yiddish proverb “My father gave me the...
On June 2, graduation day at the United States Military Academy, the class of 2019 pushed the total number of Jewish West Point graduates past...
There is something about New York City that drives me closer to my personal “d’mimah dakah” (still, small voice). That voice inside of me that...
I stood on a wobbly paddleboard in the Mediterranean Sea in my pajamas, feet apart, arms at my sides, trying to balance. The water was...
“How does it feel to be here?” I asked my father while we were standing inside the magnificent rotunda of the U.S. Capitol a few...
Leah Silver was at a wedding on Lag b’Omer when she saw the headline on her phone: “Mevo Modi’im Destroyed in Fire.” Harrowing photographs displayed...
Let’s be serious: No participant in a Dyke March feels “threatened” when a Star of David appears on a rainbow flag. Not unless he or...
As a Jewish woman who frequently shares her opinions on social media, I’ve been targeted online by white supremacists, communist bots from China, die-hard Donald...
They were older than the other parents, gray and pale, with consonants that gargled when they said come in. They played Beethoven sonatas on their...
One verse, five voices. Edited by Salvador Litvak, Accidental Talmudist The Lord spoke to Moses saying, “Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying: this is how...
When I opened the first Mexican restaurant in Uganda and hired local cooks, not only had my team never experienced any of the dishes I’d...
More than 200 supporters gathered June 5 to sample dishes from some of Los Angeles’ top chefs at Playa Studios in Culver City for “Hunger...
It seems there is nothing Rabbi Sherre Hirsch can’t do when it comes to shaping the Jewish community. She was a pulpit rabbi at Sinai...
Beth Chayim Chadashim (BCC), Los Angeles’ first gay and lesbian synagogue, and Temple Isaiah came together on the night of June 8, to celebrate Shavuot...
The terrace outside Dr. Amnon Rofe’s office at Bnai Zion Medical Center offers picturesque views of the Mediterranean Sea and the Báha’í Gardens in the...
Reaching Acme Smoked Fish in Brooklyn requires traversing worlds: through Chasidic Williamsburg, full of modestly dressed Chasidim, and then through Hipster Williamsburg, where tattooed young...
It was possible to believe a part of New York’s Lower East Side had moved west, as Russ & Daughters, the iconic 105-year-old New York...
Two swastikas were discovered at Glen Rock High School in Glen Rock, N.J., over the last two weeks. The first was found on May 28...
When the cast of the Israeli television series “Shtisel” began shooting interiors in Tel Aviv and exteriors in the ultra-Orthodox neighborhood of Mea Shearim in...
The well-known Hollywood red carpet query is “Who are you wearing?” But at a fashion exhibit currently making the rounds at Los Angeles Public Library...
“After Auschwitz,” warned Theodor Adorno, “to write poetry is a barbarity.” And yet, ironically, some of the most iconic words ever written about the Holocaust...
Leslie Arden Archer died May 4 at 68. Survived by sister Adrienne (Lewis) Weissman. Mount Sinai Norman D. Beals died May 4 at 102. Survived...
For Father’s Day, give the men in your life some more ties. But not the kind they wrap around their necks. I’m talking these cute...
Award-winning artist Avi Pashnov has spent his career merging art and Judaism. As a teaching assistant in the Judaica Department at Bezalel Academy of Arts...
Friendship Circle of Los Angeles (FCLA) celebrated its 552 volunteers at their annual garden party, on May 21. In its 16th year, FCLA runs...
FRI JUNE 14 “The Joy of Change” Sinai Temple honors Matt Baram, millennial director at Sinai, at his final Orden Family Friday Night Live Shabbat...
‘New’ Canard or an Old Canard in a New Disguise? According to the “new” canard, Zionists created an apartheid state in the Middle East. Because...
The great scholar Maimonides wrote, “The measure of honor and awe due one’s teacher exceeds that due one’s father. His father brings him into the...