Spicy summer steak and potato salad
Grilling season is still in its prime. Take those leftover steaks and turn them into this quick and delicious cold summer salad. Another bonus? It's a one plate meal!
1 pound Grilled steak
12 small red potatoes
2 – 3 cloves of garlic, to taste
2 Tablespoons finely minced ginger
1 Tablespoon finely minced fresh chives
4-5 ounces baby arugula
4 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter (or margerine)
¼ Cup white or red wine vinegar
Cracked black pepper and sea salt, to taste.
1. Rinse potatoes under running water. Slice in half, but do not peel. Boil until just tender and drain.
2. While the potatoes boil, melt the butter. Rapidly whisk vinegar into hot butter. Whisk in cracked black pepper and salt to butter/vinegar mixture.
3. While the potatoes are still hot, slice in half or quarters and marinate in salad dressing.
4. Slice cold grilled steak into thin strips about two inches long. Mince chives, garlic and ginger. Gently stir steak, chives, garlic, and ginger into potato mixture and chill until cold.
5. Mix in baby arugula and serve immediately with your favorite bread and sliced melon.
For more recipes, visit: http://holy-food.org/