The greatest gift of all — and Bunnies!
The Greatest Gift
On June 8, we will celebrate the festival of Shavuot. What is Shavuot?
Choose the words below that make the sentences correct, and then dazzle your friends with all you’ve learned.
- Shavuot marks the day we received the (phone book/Torah) at (Mount Sinai/the library). It is one of three (harvest/birthday) festivals.
- We count the (omer/animals) for (13/49) days starting on the second day of (Chanukah/Passover).
- Shavuot was also the first day on which people could bring the Bikkurim, or the first (fruits/chocolates) to the Temple in Jerusalem.
- It is popular to serve (salty/dairy) foods such as cheesecake and blintzes.
- We also read the story of (Ruth/Esther), because it talks of the barley and wheat harvest seasons, as well as her conversion to Judaism and acceptance of the (phone book/Torah).
The Town That Bunnies Built
Paper pieces for peace