fbpx

Sermon Sneak Peek: Rabbi David Woznica

[additional-authors]
September 6, 2018
Rabbi David Woznica

ED: The following is a excerpt from the story, “Rabbis Share Sneak Previews of Holy Days Messages” which ran in our Rosh Hashanah Sept. 7 issue. 

Rabbi David Woznica
Rabbi Isaiah Zeldin Rabbinic Chair
Stephen Wise Temple

I look forward to speaking about the importance of wonder and sharing how Judaism can foster a greater sense of wonder and awe. I chose this topic because I believe experiencing life through a prism of wonder can bring a greater sense of God, gratitude, happiness, humility, excitement and equanimity. Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel wrote: “The beginning of our happiness lies in the understanding that life without wonder is not worth living. What we lack is not a will to believe but a will to wonder.”

My general approach to sermons on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur is to offer thoughts in keeping with the themes of the High Holy Days (such as teshuvah, introspection, new beginnings). It is my hope that congregants will leave with a greater love of Judaism, feeling inspired to be better people, and having learned clear ideas that they can apply to their daily lives.

Back to Sermons 

Did you enjoy this article?
You'll love our roundtable.

Editor's Picks

Latest Articles

Print Issue: Got College? | Mar 29, 2024

With the alarming rise in antisemitism across many college campuses, choosing where to apply has become more complicated for Jewish high school seniors. Some are even looking at Israel.

More news and opinions than at a
Shabbat dinner, right in your inbox.

More news and opinions than at a Shabbat dinner, right in your inbox.

More news and opinions than at a Shabbat dinner, right in your inbox.