Winner at the Award Ceremony: July News We Said Go Travel
July 2017 NEWS: Winner at the Award Ceremony
Where did I travel recently?
I was invited to the opening of the Lake Club at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe and to conquer my fear of mountain biking! I am so proud of myself. Of all my 50 things before I am 50 so far, this was by far and away the scariest one. I still cannot believe I did it!
And now for something new: I was honored to be asked to be a Facebook Live host for USA Today 10best’s new project. I was “live” in Tahoe from the brand new Lake Club at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe and at the Culver City Centennial Food and Wine Festival.
- USA Today: 150 things to see and do in Canada
- USA Today: Now for something completely different: 10 unique places to see in Canada
- USA Today: 10 of the best places to have an outdoor adventure in Canada
- Sheknows: Who is a Winner at the Southern California Journalism Awards?
- Sheknows: Can One Day in Napa Feel Like an Entire Vacation?
- Sheknows: Why Did I Love the Lake Club at the Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe?
- Sheknows: Why did I go to Kilkenny Ireland?
- Sheknows: What is there to do in Monaco?
- Sheknows: The Clayhouse Summer Sale: Art in Santa Monica.
Lisa is a Travel Expert:
- Inquisitr Interview: “WE SAID GO TRAVEL’S LISA NIVER ON BUILDING A TOP TRAVEL WEBSITE, SEEING THE WORLD, AND PACKING EFFICIENTLY”
- MSN article: “Travel: The not-so-good ideas:” What did I say:
“People believe it saves them money to avoid a travel agent when the opposite is true,” explains Lisa Niver of We Said Go Travel. Booking a trip through a travel agency means better rates on hotels, plane upgrades, and avoiding pesky visa issues. Most of us go to a salon when we want a good haircut – “Don’t you think a professional could put a polish on your holiday too?” asks Niver.
- Budgeting for International Travel: read all the way to the end to find me: “Lisa Niver from We Said Go Travel recommends, “Budgeting for your activities. I love to go SCUBA diving and renting the gear plus boat fees can be expensive, but for me the cost is well worth it. When I travel, I want to see the underwater creatures. I would rather stay in a cheaper place and spend more on my excursions.”
- Travel Classics Conference has two of my Ireland video’s on their home page: Welcome to Travel Classics and Why is George Stone in Kilkenny, Ireland?”
- Tourism Ireland has my Travel Classics video on their page!
Travel Writing Award:
Thank you to everyone who has participated in our We Said Go Travel Competitions! Find the winners for the 2017 Inspiration Award here. We are publishing the entries from the 2017 Summer Independence Award. The Fall Gratitude Writing Award will open Sept 11 and close on Thanksgiving.
Travel Photo Award:
As my fortune cookies said: “Kindness leads to happiness.” and “Your dreams will come true when you least expect it.” Thank you for years of support, kindness and sharing your hope with me that I could really make my dreams come true! If you have suggestions for my country #100, let me know!