Real Housewives of New York City Week 17 Recap
Typos are generously provided by Merlot.
I am happy to report that today is day 29 of my 30 day no sugar cleanse. I made it through 30 days without a Cosmo and I feel good! Energy is better, sleep is better, and I lost a few pounds. I’m not sure why I embarked on this challenge, but I did, and I finished, and next week my blog will be a good old fashioned Cosmo fueled recap. Until then, I am sticking with the bullet points, a glass of Merlot, and Jose standing by to be poured over ice. Important to note that by glass of course I mean bottle. Get a drink and join me as we continue our Mexican vacation.
- Sonja is badgering Ramona
- She is also slurring
- Ramona insists she is happy
- Bethenny wants them to stop
- Tequila is flowing
- Sonja wants to make out with Ramona
- Sonja wants to make out with Luann
- Sonja is hammered
- Bethenny shows Sonja her boobs
- Bethenny gets naked and jumps in the pool
- Ramona flashes Carole her boobs
- Carole could not care any less
- Sonja is drinking out of the pitcher
- Sonja skinny dips with Bethenny
- Dorinda doesn’t do naked
- Ramona and Bethenny have a heart to heart
- Everyone is now slurring
- Tequila is their enemy
- Tequila is my lover
- Bethenny is yelling at Ramona
- Ramona denies all wrongdoing
- Ramona is fake crying
- I’m so over the pity party
- Dorinda is trying to get Sonja dressed
- In Bethenny’s bathing suit
- I want to punch Ramona in the face
- Bethenny is now crying
- Without tears
- No tears and it is not crying
- Bethenny and Ramona hold each other
- While fake tequila crying
- Ramona admits she was mean for no reason
- Ramona turns off her emotions in a second
- Probably because her emotions are fake
- Time to get ready for dinner
- Sonja is now trashed
- Bethenny and Sonja kiss
- Oy vey with these chicks and tequila
- Jose is feels rather abused.
- He has been violated
- I shall comfort him
- Bethenny is the only one to turn up to dinner
- Bethenny is screaming at everyone for being late
- I feel bad for the chefs
- Ungrateful bitches
- Dorinda is sick of the bitching
- Dorinda says Bethenny being aggressive scares her
- Bethenny laughs on her face
- Dorinda gets all Dorinda
- Bethenny thinks Dorinda is nuts
- Dorinda cuts herself with a knife
- She doesn’t; feel a thing
- My. God.
- Dorinda is high
- Just a thought
- Come on.
- She took something
- Bethenny is lecturing Bethenny
- I love Bethenny on this show
- Dorinda is embarrassing herself
- Dorinda is now belligerent
- Ramona walks like she is constipated
- Sonja is sleeping through dinner
- Tinsley is sweet
- Shame she speaks through her nasal cavity
- Fireworks start in the middle of dinner
- Probably because they are hours late
- Luann seems to have slept through dinner too
- Dorinda is going after Bethenny
- Bethenny is shutting it down
- Dorinda calls Bethenny a mean bitch
- This show is perfection
- Dorinda shits on Skinnygirl
- Bethenny tells her to fuck off
- Truth comes out when drunk
- Apparently nobody like Bethenny
- Jealousy is an ugly thing
- Dorinda stumbles off
- Bethenny wants an apology
- Morning comes and everyone is alive
- Dorinda is ignoring Bethenny
- It is time for yoga
- Dorinda does not apologize
- She also does not remember what she said
- Bethenny doesn’t let shit go
- I’m Team Bethenny
- Dorinda is very defensive
- Bethenny tells Dorinda she is nasty
- I like Bethenny
- The earth is clearly off axis
- Bethenny wants an apology
- Carole goes to Dorinda for support
- I like Carole
- The earth is shifting
- Dorinda is crying about Bethenny calling her nasty
- She is nasty
- Sonja facetiming is everything
- Breakfast time
- Dorinda takes Bethenny off alone
- Dorinda apologizes to Bethenny
- Bethenny cries for real
- She thinks everyone is mean when drunk
- She is right
- These bitches are jealous and it is gross
- Ramona, Carole and Tinsley go for a boat ride
- Dorinda, Sonja, Bethenny, and Luann go to the spa
- Ramona is a fool
- Ramona will never get laid because of this show
- Sonja says Tinsley will marry anyone
- Tinsley is still dating Carole’s friend
- Sonja is talking shit about Tinsley
- Tinsley wants to give Sonja a thank you party
- Tinsley cannot be trusted
- Bethenny tells Sonja about the party
- Sonja thinks the party is bullshit
- Carole is fishing
- Ramona is dancing
- Whales are showing off
- Carole goes swimming
- Carole buys a fish and will say she caught it
- Final night dinner
- Everyone is happy and getting along
- Everyone shares their highs and lows
- Tinsley is drinking while medicating for sure
- Luann tells Tinsley to stop with the F bomb
- Tinsley calls out Luann on something idiotic
- Luann apparently says Palm Beach too much
- Tinsley was arrested in Palm Beach
- My gums are numb
- Luann will be divorced by next season
- Season finale next week
- I am so bummed!
- We’ll be left with Orange County
- Ilana does not do Dallas
- Next week I’m drinking Cosmos!
- We’ll go out with a bang
- Drunk and keeping it real
I lead a schizophrenic professional life. When I work on the weekly paper, I’m a different person than when I work on our website. With...
I remember when I was as a child on Yom Kippur, holding my mother’s hand and squinting at her prayer book: Who shall perish by...
As I prepare for this Yom Kippur, when we stand before the Judge of Truth, open the ledger of our deeds and recite our confessions...
Doing Better in 5779 Ben Shapiro has an interesting assessment that I think applies to all of us in journalism, especially those who must also...
As my 9-year-old son recently prepared to return to school, we knew there would be a couple of boys in his fourth-grade class whom he...
Less than a year ago, I decided it was high time for me to visit Hebron. After all, Hebron is the world’s oldest Jewish city,...
Two years ago, I met Steven, 72, when he walked into the JFS Freda Mohr Center on Fairfax Boulevard asking for help from the Jewish...
I’ve never liked the word “sin.” I prefer the Hebrew translation “khet,” which more or less means a mistake. It’s time we acknowledged how much...
This is the sixth of six weekly columns by Rabbi Zimmerman leading up to Yom Kippur. When our children were little, my husband and I...
On the eve of Yom Kippur, Sept. 17, my friend Roseanne Barr and I will join in a public discussion on repentance and forgiveness at...
Most Israelis spend their post-military stint backpacking, partying, traveling, meeting new people and basically living life with hedonistic abandon. Not Matan Pertman. While vacationing in...
In a study on Israel-Diaspora relations not long ago, a pop quiz was included to test the participants’ knowledge about “the other side.” American Jews...
For many Jews, the Days of Awe are the one time of year to experience prayer services. An essential part of those services is the...
When I first learned how to recite The confessional prayers — Head bowed slightly, tight hand In a fist against my heart With each whispered word —...
Edited by Salvador Litvak, Accidental Talmudist One Question, Five Voices: How do we make an atonement that lasts? Miriam Yerushalmi Director of SANE (Soulful Advice for a New...
As an American chef in a foreign service post, I feel that part of my job description is to make fellow expats feel as if,...
The lunch rush is quieting down during a weekday afternoon at Mizlala in Sherman Oaks. The restaurant’s casual, intimate space contrasts with the steady thrum...
Standing in the middle of her Century City penthouse with sweeping views of Los Angeles, Dina Leeds told 40 assembled female community leaders, “We take...
During the Second Lebanon War in 2006, Israeli Defense Forces tank commander Ron Weinreich was paralyzed from the waist down after a building collapsed on...
What happens when you merge a 2,000-year-old fortress in the Old City of Jerusalem with some of the hottest minds of the 21st-century Startup Nation? ...
You’re never too young to start changing the world. It’s this thinking that propelled a 27-year-old MIT graduate to co-found Founders Bootcamp for teenagers last...
The 38th annual Chabad “To Life” telethon on Labor Day weekend raised more than $3.6 million for Chabad West Coast, according to Rabbi Simcha Backman,...
Mandy Patinkin won his first Emmy Award 23 years ago for “Chicago Hope,” and has been nominated several times since, including nods in 2013, 2014,...
Beloved by critics and viewers since it premiered on Amazon in November 2017, “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,” a show about a 1950s housewife-turned-standup comic, exceeded...
William Shakespeare’s classic tragedy “Romeo and Juliet” gains extra emotional and historical resonance in director Shira Dubrovner’s staging at The Group Rep at the Lonny...
On our first trip to Israel, we traveled via Rome to Jerusalem. At the hotel in Rome, we needed to get a converter from the...
Find out what's happening in Los Angeles this week. Events include Paddleboarding Prayer, Hiking, charity, Tashlich and a talk with Roseanne Barr. Friday Sept. 14...
Steven Baum died Aug. 13 at 69. Survived by wife Frieda; daughter Jennie (Gregory) Sloan; sons Jeremy, Michael (Monique), Benjamin; 5 grandchildren; sisters Lorrie (David)...
While the story of Jonah and the Whale is read primarily on Yom Kippur, its lesson of mercy is timeless and applicable all year long....
Steve Greenberg’s cartoon of the week for the September 14, 2018 issue of the Jewish Journal of Los Angeles.
The heart of rock ’n’ roll is still beating in San Diego, where Jonathan A. Abrams is part of the team supplying the pump. A...