Real Housewives of Orange County Week 1 Recap
Typos are lovingly brought to you by a lack of interest.
Dear Lord. I can’t. Don’t make me blog this show. I vowed to not blog RHOC when they brought Vicki back after she lied about cancer. The deal was sealed when they invited Shannon back after she aired her dirty laundry on television with no thought about her children. The truth is there is nothing appealing about these women. It is painful to watch. Writing is work, and I get paid to do it, but I’m not paid enough to blog this show. That said, I’ll bullet point the first episode because there are things that need to be said. If I stick with it, there will only be bullet points. Know that right now! Let’s start with the taglines.
Shannon: The truth is organic, but lies are just artificial.
Tamra: I’m pint sized, baptized, and highly prized.
Meghan: I can handle a baby and women who act like one.
Kelly: If I want your opinion I’ll give it to you.
STFU up Kelly
Lydia: If you can’t take my sparkle, then stay off my rainbow.
Peggy: I’m living the American dream one sports car at a time.
Vicki: I go big or go home and I am not going home.
Oh. My. God. So much hostility and the show hasn’t even started. In the interest of full disclosure, I’m on day 7 of a 30-day sugar cleanse and it is not good people. I need a cosmopolitan. STAT. Important to note that Shannon is photoshopped to hell and back in the publicity photo, which is sad. She is a pretty lady fat or thin, but we see her, so the picture is stupid. I’m going in people so say a prayer and wish me luck.
- Shannon got a dog
- Her screeching is making my ears bleed
- Shannon has gained a lot of weight
- She is making her kids diet because of it
- She still looks pretty
- David is still dead in the eyes
- He cannot stand the sight of her
- Shannon is embarrassed to be heavier
- David thinks she is fat
- This marriage is still painful to watch
- Shannon would be thin in she dumped her cheating husband
- Vicki is expanding her business
- Her filler is dissolving in her face
- Kelly’s lips are Octomonesque
- Vicki and Tamra don’t speak
- Kelly is licking Vicki’s ass
- Vicki is a child
- Why is she not fired already?
- Tamra is going to bible study
- Lydia’s bible study
- My. God.
- Lydia is boring and invisible
- Lots of Jesus coming up
- Vicki spread a rumor that Eddie is gay
- He is and we don’t care
- Move on
- Tamra prays for Kelly
- Lydia is going to be the peacemaker
- My lower back is starting to spasm
- Meghan had her baby
- Jim is cute with the baby
- Didn’t see that coming
- Meghan thinks she is the first person to have a bay
- I cannot stand this woman
- Not really sorry
- I need a drink so bad
- I’d rather watch an hour of Jimmy and the baby
- God is bored of this bible study
- He told me
- We’re laughing together right now
- God is good
- These women talk through their nasal passages
- Tamra hasn’t seen her daughter for 3 ½ years
- That’s horrible
- Lydia is lovely
- But no
- Great hair though
- Vicki is dating a guy names Steve
- She still misses Brooks
- Vicki is mentally deficient
- I wouldn’t date her if you paid me
- Kelly is loud and fake
- She wants vaginal rejuvenation
- Brandi did this a decade ago
- Blah, blah, blah
- Briana moved back to Orange County
- Her kids are so grown up
- She still complains about everything
- Briana is a whiner
- Her husband is still in Oklahoma
- She left him
- I would never do that
- I do not like this show
- Tamra and her life partner are at the gym
- Eddie runs the gym
- Does anyone work out there besides Tamra?
- Tamra doesn’t want to meet with Vicki
- Translation: She is dying to meet with Vicki
- Lydia now has three sons
- God is sleeping through this because he’s bored
- Why is she back?
- Tamra and Shannon are shopping
- Tamra is talking a lot about her daughter
- Isn’t that part of why they don’t speak?
- Tamra is a genius
- Shannon says he is fat because of stress
- Or maybe it’s because her husband cheated on her
- This show is cheap street crack
- Vicki is having fake lunch with Lydia
- Vicki’s filler is hilarious
- Lydia is a lovely woman
- She can’t fix things for this bitches
- I like her though
- I like women of faith
- Real faith not Tamra fake faith
- Vicki is so immature
- My eye is twitching
- Vicki wants Tamra to leave her alone
- Translation: Let’s fake some shit for storylines
- I’m on Team Lydia
- I’ll be back next week
- Damn it
- The things I’ll do to keep it real
For much of Rabbi Yosef Kanefsky’s talk last Shabbat afternoon on “Speaking Truth to Power,” I got really pumped up. The leader of Bnai David...
It was fitting that a panel discussion I recently attended — titled, “Politically Homeless in the Age of Extremes” — took place on Bleecker Street...
I spent my Rosh Hashanah this year in Uman, Ukraine, where a remarkable Jewish phenomenon continues to unfold: the Rosh Hashanah pilgrimage to the grave...
[caption id="attachment_239170" align="aligncenter" width="1800"] Photo from Wilderness Torah[/caption] By During Sukkot — zman simchateinu — everything we acknowledged with awe and trepidation during the Days...
It goes without saying that in every profession there is a hierarchy — a system where those in authority wield varying degrees of power over...
At this moment, I can see the sky through the holes in my roof. That’s not because I’m celebrating the holiday of Sukkot early. It’s...
It wasn’t exactly the pampering honeymoon I’d had in mind. With no electricity, no running water and no bathroom to speak of, this was about...
How do you solve a problem like Jeremy Corbyn? I just returned from England, and everyone is concerned. An anti-Zionist prime minister might be elected,...
It is not easy to ditch orthodoxies — and not always advisable. This is as true for the political arena as it is for religion....
One of my closest friends from childhood, who is of Russian descent, was recently at my 3-year-old daughter’s birthday party here in Los Angeles. After...
I pray that I will find humility When I’m sure I am right. I pray that I will find compassion When my heart feels indifference....
One question, five answers. Edited by Salvador Litvak, Accidental Talmudist If you could invite anyone to your sukkah, who would it be? Rivkah Slonim Education Director, the Rohr...
By the time sukkot rolls around, many home cooks may be feeling burned out from the constant stream of preparations they have been making for...
During Sukkot, we gather with in our temporary structures (sukkot) meant to recall those used by the children of Israel after they left Egypt and...
Sukkahs are governed by laws of halachah. They need to cast more shade than they allow in sunlight. Walls that move in the wind are...
Act.il, a smartphone app that urges its users to take action against online anti-Semitic content, has received a $190,000 grant from the Jewish Community Foundation...
Editor’s note: Over Rosh Hashanah, local rabbis spoke on a variety of topics, but three in particular took aim at the policies of President Donald...
An airplane encounters severe turbulence midflight and lands safely. When the passengers disembark, they’re astonished to discover that five years have passed. This intriguing scenario...
As a skinny teenager growing up in a working-class neighborhood southeast of London where Jews were the minority, Steve Spiro was beaten and bullied on...
Every year, 1,700 of the best and brightest high school students from 80 countries compete in the International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF). At stake...
New Year, New Questions Another wonderful editor’s note (“Happy New Questions,” Sept. 7). It is an invitation to readers to ask themselves even the toughest...
“My prognosis for the Jewish future is grim,” announces Tal Keinan at the very outset of “God Is In the Crowd: Twenty-First Century Judaism” (Spiegel...
The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles has honored Annette and Leonard Shapiro with its 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award. At a gala dinner on Sept....
Debra Agam died Aug. 25 at 63. Survived by daughter Karen (Dan Freedman) Agam Macarah; son Nathan (Kimberly); 5 grandchildren; mother Ruth Fine; sister Cricket...
I have to confess that when it comes to decorating the sukkah, I like to hang large garlands. They make a much bigger impact than...
After years of working in advertising, Michele Prince decided to go back to school to pursue a joint master’s degree in social work and Jewish...
Events this week include Trybal gatherings, Volunteer fairs, honey tasting and events for Sukkot. THU SEP 27 [caption id="attachment_239313" align="aligncenter" width="900"] Bari Weiss[/caption] Bari Weiss New...