Real Housewives of New York City Week 12 Recap
Typos are lovingly brought to you by Jose Cuervo.
I’m with Jose, and he loves it when I do bullet points, so because this blog is so late, I’m going with the bullets. I’m one shot down and going in.
- We start with Bethenny walking in The Bronx to have lunch
- The ladies are joining her
- Tinsley arrives first in her prom dress
- Are we supposed to think they walked there?
- That’s not happening
- Dorinda arrives “hung over”
- By hung over of course she means smashed
- Why not schlep in together?
- They did, then walked in separately is my guess
- Carole is on animal safari
- Sonja is gorgeous
- Luann is tucking
- Ramona was not invited
- Expect a scene with Avery any minute
- Lunch looks amazing!
- Bethenny is planning a Vermont ski trip
- Everyone is on board
- Will Ramona be invited?
- Bethenny wants nothing to do with Ramona
- Dorinda is drinking
- No good can come of that
- Back to talking about Tipsy Girl
- Oy vey!
- Sonja says Ramona and Dorinda wanted to do Tipsy Girl
- Dorinda is about to blow
- Dorinda insists she wanted nothing to do with it
- Sonja insists John said Dorinda was into it
- Dorinda is now screaming she wasn’t into it
- Sonja suggests Dorinda is backing off because of Bethenny
- Dorinda is livid
- Dorinda is belligerent
- Dorinda is sloppy
- Shame because she is great
- Dorinda says Sonja is bankrupt and a fool
- Dorinda is now screaming “clip”
- Very funny, but intervention worthy
Sidebar: Dorinda was a brilliant addition to this cast. She is liked by everyone, brings comic relief and occasional words of wisdom, but the woman cannot get a handle on herself when she is drunk. She is messy and sloppy and it is painfully unattractive. I thought Sonja was a much nicer drunk that Dorinda, and perhaps the intervention was focused on the wrong lady. Dial it back Dorinda.
- Sonja does not get why Dorinda is so vicious
- Dorinda is screaming like a maniac
- Dorinda is now crying and blabbering
- Sonja is back to being kept out of the Berkshires
- Bethenny calls Sonja Elsa so she will “Let it Go”
- Lunch is getting good and then abruptly ends
- Weird editing
- Someone tells Carole she looks like Melania Trump
- Um, no
- Cut to Tinsley having therapy
- My. God.
- Televised therapy is gross
- It is also a desperate attempt to invent a storyline
- Tinsley’s therapist is attractive
- Tinsley needs booze to sleep
- Tinsley is a mess and this show was perhaps not a good idea
- Ugh with the crying
- I can’t
- This is painful to watch
- So….. I’m not watching it
- I’m making a cocktail
- A very strong one
- Luann is having lunch with Sonja and Ramona
- Ramona is told she can come to Vermont if she wants
- Ramona only skis in Aspen
- Dear Lord
- Ramona is mental
- Sonja is confused
- Luann just got married
- Blah, blah, blah
- Sonja says they are new friends with Dorinda
- Luann insists they’ve been friends for years
- Sonja says they never slept with the same man
- Apparently that makes you better friends
- I can’t
- Luann wants an apology
- Sonja won’t apologize
- Luann is leaving
- Sonja still won’t apologize
- Luann bails
- Time for Vermont
- The house is spectacular
- Dorinda, Carole, and Bethenny are there first
- Sonja, Ramona, Tinsley are driving up
- Ramona sent Bethenny a text
- Passive aggressive bullshit
- Ramona is really dumb
- Bethenny is done
- Bethenny’s Mexico trip from last year is back on
- Debauchery is coming
- Dorinda goes to get her bags from the car
- She forgot to bring her bags
- She had sex with John and was distracted
- Or, perhaps she was just drunk again
- Dorinda picks the best available room in the house
- We’re now talking about sex between John and Dorinda
- Oy vey
- Ramona is very loud
- Her voice is now grating like Jill’s was
- The ladies arrive and Bethenny steps away for a call
- Ramona wants a glass of wine
- Not Skinnygirl though
- Ramona and Sonja go to pick their room
- They are not happy Dorinda got the big room
Sidebar: Ramona does not bring anything to this show. It’s not like she ever did really, but absolutely does not now. I get she’s been there from the beginning, but that does not mean she needs to be on the show forever. She will be fine without the show, but the show becomes unwatchable with her on it. She is not funny, entertaining, or believable. She is painful and needs to be done.
- Ramona wants to know why Carole didn’t save them the big room
- Sonja will be better on this show without Ramona
- Sonja will be better in life without Ramona
- They’ve been talking about rooms forever
- Who cares?
- Dorinda is talking with her mouth full
- Ramona wants Dorinda’s room
- Luann is pissed to be stuck in the basement
- I just made another cocktail
- Luann and Ramona talk about Ramona not being mean
- I can’t
- Ramona needs to go
- She also needs to get laid
- Sonja gives Ramona tap water and says it is bottled
- Tinsley tells Bethenny she is boy crazy
- She is 41 years old
- Maybe look for men not boys?
- Bethenny broke up with Dennis
- Blames it on her divorce
- Blah, blah, blah
- Tinsley wants to date a Jew
- Don’t we all?
- Dinner is served
- Dorinda is drunk again
- Ramona and Sonja are late
- Bethenny says dinner is starting
- Bethenny invites everyone to Mexico
- She drops how much everything costs
- Luann just got married!
- Ramona is late because her room is too small
- Luann is the only married one
- Real Not Housewives of NYC
- Tinsley isn’t looking to get married
- Yes she is
- Tinsley is drinking a lot
- Sonja thinks everyone is just like her
- Everyone tells Sonja to leave Tinsley alone
- Tinsley is whining
- Tinsley is now losing her shit
- Blame is on Sonja
- Tinsley only has herself to blame for her life
- Bethenny tells Tinsley to move out or shut up
- Tinsley is mean to Carole, her only ally
- Tinsley is crying about her abusive relationship
- Tinsley says her situation is worse than everyone else’s
- Um, who exactly is Tinsley?
- Nobody cares
- Bethenny suggests Tinsley Google her
- My liver is tired so luckily this is over
Here’s the thing, this show is brilliant and I love it, but Tinsley is not a fit and she needs to go. So does Ramona. Her time has come, and gone, and we need a shakeup. Maybe add a woman of color, or a Jew, or a Muslim maybe? We need change, we need someone new, and we need someone who does not speak through their nasal cavity. Next week looks go, so I’ll be here with a full blog, keeping it real.
In a deeply divided America, there was only one thing that unified the nation’s voters when they went to sleep the night of Nov. 6...
[caption id="attachment_241503" align="aligncenter" width="3024"] FILE PHOTO: U.S. President Donald Trump gestures at a campaign rally on the eve of the U.S. mid-term elections at the...
As I write this, I have no idea who won what in the midterms. But I do know that much of the commentary since the...
Within two weeks of the Oct. 27 Pittsburgh massacre, the following incidents were reported in New York City: • Six teens hurled a pole through...
“I can’t sing, and I am freaking out!” Those were the exact words I texted to my friend on Feb. 22, 2018, a date that...
I am different I am unique I am Jewish People think of me as an outsider People want to kill me Because of my religion...
In 1987, Colorado Senator Gary Hart appeared to be a shoo-in as the Democratic Party’s 1988 nominee for president, until his campaign imploded over a...
The following is a sermon that Rabbi Nolan Lebovitz of Adat Shalom delivered to his congregation on the Solidarity Shabbat of Nov. 3. This morning’s...
When I learned about the tragedy in Pittsburgh, I felt profoundly sad. Eleven Jews had just been murdered by a depraved anti-Semite; their lives ripped...
"Some American Jews look at Israel with horror. Israel — and Israelis — don’t seem to understand a simple truth: President Donald Trump is “sowing...
The massacre of 11 people at the Tree of Life Congregation synagogue in Pittsburgh has prompted comparisons to the 1938 attacks on the synagogues of...
Divine wisdom, Please show me how To breathe When the smell of hatred Is hot and dank against my cheek Blowing across the country From...
Weekly Parsha: one verse, five voices. Edited by Salvador Litvak, Accidental Talmudist And Isaac again dug the wells of water which they had dug in the...
I’ve loved being in the kitchen since childhood. I had a slew of aunts who cooked and a mother who always had something pickling, simmering...
When Shalhevet High School welcomed students and families from around the country for its five-day Steve Glouberman Basketball Tournament beginning Oct. 31, Head of School...
In the wake of the Oct. 27 Pittsburgh synagogue shootings, Los Angeles Councilman Paul Koretz has called for the creation of a “faith-based security task...
More than a decade ago, Israeli-born Shoham Nicolet arrived in Los Angeles with a dream. A former lieutenant in an elite Israel Defense Forces unit...
There was already a line of people waiting to vote in the midterm elections at the Burbank Youth Center at 6:45 a.m. on Nov. 6....
The funerals of brothers Cecil Rosenthal, 59, and David Rosenthal, 54 — who were killed in the Tree of Life Congregation shootings on Oct. 27...
While the Los Angeles community has come together to remember and honor the victims from the Tree of Life Congregation synagogue, many parents are asking,...
When actors talk about tackling the works of Shakespeare, they talk about richly layered villains, eloquent lovers and the “Everests” of getting through an evening...
Almost a year after playwright Sam Shepard’s death from complications of ALS, local director Kymberly Harris decided to stage Shepard’s iconic 1983 play, “Fool for...
Al Franken, accused of sexual harassment, felt compelled to resign his seat in the U.S. Senate. Republican Brett Kavanaugh, accused of sexual assault and misconduct,...
Leaders in entertainment, business, health care and philanthropy came together for the 2018 Cedars-Sinai Board of Governors Gala on Oct. 27 at the Beverly Hilton, which...
FRI NOV 9 Alisa Weilerstein Acclaimed cellist Alisa Weilerstein performs all six of Bach’s solo cello suites in one evening. Weilerstein began playing the cello...
In the wake of the Pittsburgh shooting, Jewish educators have come together to discuss strategies to help students navigate this difficult period. On Nov. 1,...
Marilyn Baer died Oct. 17 at 94. Survived by daughters Linda, Rochelle; 3 grandchildren; 3 great-grandchildren. Hillside Lauren Harold Colloff died Oct. 25 at 77....
The exterior of The Broad museum has become one of the most distinctive architectural features — and selfie backgrounds — in downtown Los Angeles. Dubbed...
Veteran Hollywood talent manager Danny Sussman has spent the last 20 years at Brillstein Entertainment Partners where his clients include Jimmy Smits, Chloe Sevigny, John...