Real Housewives of New York City Week 7 Recap
Typos are generously provided by Absolute Vodka.
We are heading back to the Berkshires. Oy vey. It will be interesting, because it always is. I love this show, but I can’t decide what is more annoying, listening to how poor Bethenny is, or how rich she is. Either way she is bringing this show to life, so good for her. I’m in London, have a cocktail by my side, and I am going with bullet points today. They make me laugh, and are fast, so I’m hoping I can get through this week in three cocktails or less. By three of course I mean five.
- Luann and Tom make me sad
- Sad for her
- Grossed out by him
- I call divorce in under two years
- Bless her
- I get the desperation
- Wouldn’t do it, but get it
- Carole lives in animal squalor
- Dorinda is fabulous
- When she’s going mental on Sonja
- Bethenny is selling her house
- She is rich again
- She is setting up her show with him
- Free advertising
- Great apartment
- Teachers wear chalk everyday
- That’s funny
- Ramona is visiting Carole
- Ramona is mental
- I can smell the kitty litter
- Carole is filled to the rim
- All these bitches talk about is Luann
- Tom creeps me out
- Tom is not funny
- Tom is a fame whore
- And a regular whore
- Blah, blah, blah
- I’m over the gossip already
- She is marrying him
- Move on
- Shorter hair suits Carole
- Carole is concerned
- Ramona is jealous
- Tom wants to run
- Luann is not running
- I’m on drink number two
- It’s an Absolut kind of evening
- Ramona is friends with Trump
- This Tom gossip is painful
- Time for Christmas in the Berkshires
- Dorinda’s decorations are fascinating
- Not in a good way
- Ramona and Sonja arrive
- So far, so good
- Ramona is incredibly unappealing
- Tinsley is having lunch with her mom
- Tinsley is a one season addition
- I can’t with her
- Is Tinsley’s hair pink?
- How old is she?
- Tinsley is a drinker
- Perhaps that explains her mugshot
- Tinsley needs to move out of Sonja’s
- Tinsley is ungrateful
- Sonja has a hard on for Tinsley
- Sonja looks like a crazy person
- Tinsley looks like a mean girl
- Time to decorate the tree
- I’m bored
- Carole is shopping with Adam’s parents
- I can’t
- Adam wants kids
- Carole does not want kinds
- Why are they together?
- For a cookbook?
- Tinsley arrives in the Berkshires
- Sonja is jealous of Tinsley
- Very strange
- Morning brings Carole and Bethenny
- Bethenny is very entertaining
- Carole is invisible
- Bethenny gets flowers at Dorinda’s
- On Dorinda’s birthday
- Dennis loves Bethenny
- Flowers were weird though
- More Tom gossip
- Enough already
- They all love talking about Luann
- Ramona is stupid
- That’s mean
- Ramona is stupid
- No getting around it
- MORE TOM GOSSIP
- These chicks are relentless
- The ladies dump or Dorinda
- She is the chosen messenger
- I honestly can’t take it
- This is everyone’s storyline
- Who cares?
- Luann arrives
- Let the games begin
- But first, cookie decorating!
- Luann arrives
- I feel so sad for her
- Public humiliation is rough
- Sonja wants the decorating stuff
- Tinsley is talking of moving out
- Sonja is bitchy
- Tinsley is too sensitive
- Sonja loses her shit in 3..2..1..
- Not cute Sonja
- Eccentric is fabulous
- Crazy is just crazy
- Dorinda is going to dump it all on Luann
- Luann takes it like a trooper
- Poor thing already knows
- Luann trusts Tom 100%
- She knows it is right
- She doesn’t check his phone
- Big mistake
- The Berkshire blowout will be next week
- I went through three cocktails
- I’ll be reunited with my boyfriend Jose next week
- Tipsy, but keeping it real
For much of Rabbi Yosef Kanefsky’s talk last Shabbat afternoon on “Speaking Truth to Power,” I got really pumped up. The leader of Bnai David...
It was fitting that a panel discussion I recently attended — titled, “Politically Homeless in the Age of Extremes” — took place on Bleecker Street...
I spent my Rosh Hashanah this year in Uman, Ukraine, where a remarkable Jewish phenomenon continues to unfold: the Rosh Hashanah pilgrimage to the grave...
[caption id="attachment_239170" align="aligncenter" width="1800"] Photo from Wilderness Torah[/caption] By During Sukkot — zman simchateinu — everything we acknowledged with awe and trepidation during the Days...
It goes without saying that in every profession there is a hierarchy — a system where those in authority wield varying degrees of power over...
At this moment, I can see the sky through the holes in my roof. That’s not because I’m celebrating the holiday of Sukkot early. It’s...
It wasn’t exactly the pampering honeymoon I’d had in mind. With no electricity, no running water and no bathroom to speak of, this was about...
How do you solve a problem like Jeremy Corbyn? I just returned from England, and everyone is concerned. An anti-Zionist prime minister might be elected,...
It is not easy to ditch orthodoxies — and not always advisable. This is as true for the political arena as it is for religion....
One of my closest friends from childhood, who is of Russian descent, was recently at my 3-year-old daughter’s birthday party here in Los Angeles. After...
I pray that I will find humility When I’m sure I am right. I pray that I will find compassion When my heart feels indifference....
One question, five answers. Edited by Salvador Litvak, Accidental Talmudist If you could invite anyone to your sukkah, who would it be? Rivkah Slonim Education Director, the Rohr...
By the time sukkot rolls around, many home cooks may be feeling burned out from the constant stream of preparations they have been making for...
During Sukkot, we gather with in our temporary structures (sukkot) meant to recall those used by the children of Israel after they left Egypt and...
Sukkahs are governed by laws of halachah. They need to cast more shade than they allow in sunlight. Walls that move in the wind are...
Act.il, a smartphone app that urges its users to take action against online anti-Semitic content, has received a $190,000 grant from the Jewish Community Foundation...
Editor’s note: Over Rosh Hashanah, local rabbis spoke on a variety of topics, but three in particular took aim at the policies of President Donald...
An airplane encounters severe turbulence midflight and lands safely. When the passengers disembark, they’re astonished to discover that five years have passed. This intriguing scenario...
As a skinny teenager growing up in a working-class neighborhood southeast of London where Jews were the minority, Steve Spiro was beaten and bullied on...
Every year, 1,700 of the best and brightest high school students from 80 countries compete in the International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF). At stake...
New Year, New Questions Another wonderful editor’s note (“Happy New Questions,” Sept. 7). It is an invitation to readers to ask themselves even the toughest...
“My prognosis for the Jewish future is grim,” announces Tal Keinan at the very outset of “God Is In the Crowd: Twenty-First Century Judaism” (Spiegel...
The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles has honored Annette and Leonard Shapiro with its 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award. At a gala dinner on Sept....
Debra Agam died Aug. 25 at 63. Survived by daughter Karen (Dan Freedman) Agam Macarah; son Nathan (Kimberly); 5 grandchildren; mother Ruth Fine; sister Cricket...
I have to confess that when it comes to decorating the sukkah, I like to hang large garlands. They make a much bigger impact than...
After years of working in advertising, Michele Prince decided to go back to school to pursue a joint master’s degree in social work and Jewish...
Events this week include Trybal gatherings, Volunteer fairs, honey tasting and events for Sukkot. THU SEP 27 [caption id="attachment_239313" align="aligncenter" width="900"] Bari Weiss[/caption] Bari Weiss New...