Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Week 8 Recap
I am in London and there is a lot of vodka here, so I’m hooked up and ready to go.
- Dorit is still faking an accent
- She is throwing PK a 49th birthday party
- Her party planner is odd
- PK is a name dropper
- There is a fame whore element here
- Boy George is singing at the party
- I LOVE BOY GEORGE
- I also have met PK and found him wonderful
- I also met Dorit and thought she was stunning
- Erika is still in Greece with Kyle
- Kyle makes me itchy
- I don’t believe Kyle’s stories of her childhood
- She is creepy
- Her mother is not resting in peace anymore
- Her scripted show is creepy
- Eileen and Rinna are hanging out
- I am not a fan of this pair
- In fact, Rinna is repulsive to me
- Dorit joins dumb and dumber to rollerblade
- Rinna has the body of a young boy
- This is scripted bullshit
- Dorit suggests calling Erika to wish her luck
- Then Eileen makes the call
- LVP is having Eden over
- LVP looks gorgeous in her red dress one-on-one shots
- Eden sounds and looks like Brandi Glanville
- LVP’s dogs are everything
- Eden dumped a man for calling her type A
- Eden is odd
- She will be a one season addition
- Eden’s sobriety is a bore
- Eden talking of her sister is gross
- Eden is gross
- Eden needs to stop preaching
- Eden is an idiot
- Eden has unfortunate boobs
- Times for Erika’s performance in Greece
- Erika looks amazing
- The stage is terrifying
- I don’t get Erika Jayne
- Rinna is with Eden and Dorit again
- They are at Eden’s home
- Eden has a lot of tats
- I love a girl with tats
- I don’t love Eden
- Rinna puts Xanax in her smoothies
- Rinna carries a baggie of pills
- Rinna is an idiot
- Only Rinna thinks Rinna is funny
- Kyle and Erika are taking bathing suit pics
- Time for PK’s party
- They hate the flowers
- The hate the ay the house looks
- Boy George is rehearsing
- I LOVE BOY GEORGE
- Dorit says mean things not thinking they are mean
- PK has the hots for Erika
- LVP is a trip
- Kim Richards is in the house
- I love Kim and want her back
- Fake bitches
- Eden needs to STFU about Kim
- Dear Lord
- Kyle’s dress is hideous
- I LOVE BOY GEORGE
- Camille joins the party
- She should come back fulltime
- Dorit’s fake accent is killing me
- Dorit gives a speech to her husband
- Eden is creepy
- Dorit tells LVP and George about Rinna’s pill bag
- I LOVE BOY GEORGE
- LVP says Rinna should double does on Xanax
- LVP is hilarious tonight
- LVP tells Dorit she is starting something
- LVP is done with Dorit’s stories
- I’m done with this week.
- I’ll be writing from London again next week
- Drinking vodka and keeping it real
For much of Rabbi Yosef Kanefsky’s talk last Shabbat afternoon on “Speaking Truth to Power,” I got really pumped up. The leader of Bnai David...
It was fitting that a panel discussion I recently attended — titled, “Politically Homeless in the Age of Extremes” — took place on Bleecker Street...
I spent my Rosh Hashanah this year in Uman, Ukraine, where a remarkable Jewish phenomenon continues to unfold: the Rosh Hashanah pilgrimage to the grave...
[caption id="attachment_239170" align="aligncenter" width="1800"] Photo from Wilderness Torah[/caption] By During Sukkot — zman simchateinu — everything we acknowledged with awe and trepidation during the Days...
It goes without saying that in every profession there is a hierarchy — a system where those in authority wield varying degrees of power over...
At this moment, I can see the sky through the holes in my roof. That’s not because I’m celebrating the holiday of Sukkot early. It’s...
It wasn’t exactly the pampering honeymoon I’d had in mind. With no electricity, no running water and no bathroom to speak of, this was about...
How do you solve a problem like Jeremy Corbyn? I just returned from England, and everyone is concerned. An anti-Zionist prime minister might be elected,...
It is not easy to ditch orthodoxies — and not always advisable. This is as true for the political arena as it is for religion....
One of my closest friends from childhood, who is of Russian descent, was recently at my 3-year-old daughter’s birthday party here in Los Angeles. After...
I pray that I will find humility When I’m sure I am right. I pray that I will find compassion When my heart feels indifference....
One question, five answers. Edited by Salvador Litvak, Accidental Talmudist If you could invite anyone to your sukkah, who would it be? Rivkah Slonim Education Director, the Rohr...
By the time sukkot rolls around, many home cooks may be feeling burned out from the constant stream of preparations they have been making for...
During Sukkot, we gather with in our temporary structures (sukkot) meant to recall those used by the children of Israel after they left Egypt and...
Sukkahs are governed by laws of halachah. They need to cast more shade than they allow in sunlight. Walls that move in the wind are...
Act.il, a smartphone app that urges its users to take action against online anti-Semitic content, has received a $190,000 grant from the Jewish Community Foundation...
Editor’s note: Over Rosh Hashanah, local rabbis spoke on a variety of topics, but three in particular took aim at the policies of President Donald...
An airplane encounters severe turbulence midflight and lands safely. When the passengers disembark, they’re astonished to discover that five years have passed. This intriguing scenario...
As a skinny teenager growing up in a working-class neighborhood southeast of London where Jews were the minority, Steve Spiro was beaten and bullied on...
Every year, 1,700 of the best and brightest high school students from 80 countries compete in the International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF). At stake...
New Year, New Questions Another wonderful editor’s note (“Happy New Questions,” Sept. 7). It is an invitation to readers to ask themselves even the toughest...
“My prognosis for the Jewish future is grim,” announces Tal Keinan at the very outset of “God Is In the Crowd: Twenty-First Century Judaism” (Spiegel...
The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles has honored Annette and Leonard Shapiro with its 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award. At a gala dinner on Sept....
Debra Agam died Aug. 25 at 63. Survived by daughter Karen (Dan Freedman) Agam Macarah; son Nathan (Kimberly); 5 grandchildren; mother Ruth Fine; sister Cricket...
I have to confess that when it comes to decorating the sukkah, I like to hang large garlands. They make a much bigger impact than...
After years of working in advertising, Michele Prince decided to go back to school to pursue a joint master’s degree in social work and Jewish...
Events this week include Trybal gatherings, Volunteer fairs, honey tasting and events for Sukkot. THU SEP 27 [caption id="attachment_239313" align="aligncenter" width="900"] Bari Weiss[/caption] Bari Weiss New...