Real Housewives of Atlanta Week 8 Recap
Tyos are generously sponsored by vodka and boredom.
I decided to bullet point this week. In fact, I might continue to bullet point until they give us an actual storyline. This season is uninteresting and needs some Nene as soon as possible. I’m drinking vodka tonight because my boyfriend Jose Cuervo said he needs a night off. I’m letting him rest since he took very good care of me on New Year’s Eve and is tired. Bless him. Grab a drink people. We’re going in.
– Cynthia is having a boob consultation
– She has invited all the girls to go with her
– Cynthia is both dumb and boring
– Bless her
– Kandi is still annoyed with Phaedra
– Kandi is mean spirited
– Kenya is very pretty
– Porsha is made out of plastic
– Phaedra’s fake laugh makes my head hurt
– This is a waste of my time
– I don’t like the word titties
– Boobs are not a storyline
– I’m going to need another drink
– Sheree is furnishing her house
– Dear Lord
– I can’t
– This has been her storyline for YEARS
– Is her house on a main street?
– Does Sheree have a job?
– Not buying this at all
– Kandi is buying riley diamond earrings
– She is turning 14
– Joyce is with her
– Joyce is repulsive
– Kandi and her mom are dirty
– Or are they simply real?
– Ace thinks Joyce is lame too
– Riley doesn’t want to see her dad
– Joyce only cares about money
– Noel is hanging out with Peter
– I want to impale myself
– Peter is a pig
– This is scripted bullshit
– Why is Peter still here?
– Peter would date Noel
– Porsha is doing something to her vag
– God help me
– I am now doing shots
– Who dresses like this for this?
– Sheree is a troublemaker
– Sheree says Phaedra stepped out on Apollo
– Porsha defends Phaedra
– Porsha’s friend says Phaedra hit on her husband
– I’m so bored
– It is Riley’s birthday
– No big party
– Riley is very pretty
-The Riley dad storyline is gross
– Shame on Kandi for allowing this
– Sheree, Porsha and Phaedra are lunching
– Talking about vaginas
– Talking about Kandi talking crap
– Kandi is calling out Phaedra
– Phaedra is not digging it
– The truth hurts I guess
– Phaedra says Kandi is a lesbian
– Phaedra says Kandi does threesomes
– Make this stop
– Cynthia is looking at her new house
– Lakes have a lot of bugs
– Porsha, Sheree, and Kandi are now talking
– This show is cheap street crack
– Sheree must be exhausted from all her stirring
– Porsha slept with Riley’s dad
– Who cares?
– Kandi is scary
– Porsha is trying to be a good friend
– Kandi has a vendetta against Phaedra
– Kandi is calling out Porsha
– I could not possibly care any less
– Kandi screams and leaves
– Porsha calls Kandi a lesbian
– Oy vey with this garbage
– Sheree says they are all messy
– Sheree is the messiest of all
– Next week will be stupid
– I will be here
– Drinking and keeping it real
For much of Rabbi Yosef Kanefsky’s talk last Shabbat afternoon on “Speaking Truth to Power,” I got really pumped up. The leader of Bnai David...
It was fitting that a panel discussion I recently attended — titled, “Politically Homeless in the Age of Extremes” — took place on Bleecker Street...
I spent my Rosh Hashanah this year in Uman, Ukraine, where a remarkable Jewish phenomenon continues to unfold: the Rosh Hashanah pilgrimage to the grave...
[caption id="attachment_239170" align="aligncenter" width="1800"] Photo from Wilderness Torah[/caption] By During Sukkot — zman simchateinu — everything we acknowledged with awe and trepidation during the Days...
It goes without saying that in every profession there is a hierarchy — a system where those in authority wield varying degrees of power over...
At this moment, I can see the sky through the holes in my roof. That’s not because I’m celebrating the holiday of Sukkot early. It’s...
It wasn’t exactly the pampering honeymoon I’d had in mind. With no electricity, no running water and no bathroom to speak of, this was about...
How do you solve a problem like Jeremy Corbyn? I just returned from England, and everyone is concerned. An anti-Zionist prime minister might be elected,...
It is not easy to ditch orthodoxies — and not always advisable. This is as true for the political arena as it is for religion....
One of my closest friends from childhood, who is of Russian descent, was recently at my 3-year-old daughter’s birthday party here in Los Angeles. After...
I pray that I will find humility When I’m sure I am right. I pray that I will find compassion When my heart feels indifference....
One question, five answers. Edited by Salvador Litvak, Accidental Talmudist If you could invite anyone to your sukkah, who would it be? Rivkah Slonim Education Director, the Rohr...
By the time sukkot rolls around, many home cooks may be feeling burned out from the constant stream of preparations they have been making for...
During Sukkot, we gather with in our temporary structures (sukkot) meant to recall those used by the children of Israel after they left Egypt and...
Sukkahs are governed by laws of halachah. They need to cast more shade than they allow in sunlight. Walls that move in the wind are...
Act.il, a smartphone app that urges its users to take action against online anti-Semitic content, has received a $190,000 grant from the Jewish Community Foundation...
Editor’s note: Over Rosh Hashanah, local rabbis spoke on a variety of topics, but three in particular took aim at the policies of President Donald...
An airplane encounters severe turbulence midflight and lands safely. When the passengers disembark, they’re astonished to discover that five years have passed. This intriguing scenario...
As a skinny teenager growing up in a working-class neighborhood southeast of London where Jews were the minority, Steve Spiro was beaten and bullied on...
Every year, 1,700 of the best and brightest high school students from 80 countries compete in the International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF). At stake...
New Year, New Questions Another wonderful editor’s note (“Happy New Questions,” Sept. 7). It is an invitation to readers to ask themselves even the toughest...
“My prognosis for the Jewish future is grim,” announces Tal Keinan at the very outset of “God Is In the Crowd: Twenty-First Century Judaism” (Spiegel...
The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles has honored Annette and Leonard Shapiro with its 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award. At a gala dinner on Sept....
Debra Agam died Aug. 25 at 63. Survived by daughter Karen (Dan Freedman) Agam Macarah; son Nathan (Kimberly); 5 grandchildren; mother Ruth Fine; sister Cricket...
I have to confess that when it comes to decorating the sukkah, I like to hang large garlands. They make a much bigger impact than...
After years of working in advertising, Michele Prince decided to go back to school to pursue a joint master’s degree in social work and Jewish...
Events this week include Trybal gatherings, Volunteer fairs, honey tasting and events for Sukkot. THU SEP 27 [caption id="attachment_239313" align="aligncenter" width="900"] Bari Weiss[/caption] Bari Weiss New...